Monday, June 6, 2011

Chinatsu Higashi


I found out about Chinatsu Higashi recently from a book at Powell’s called The Next Generation: Japanese Women Designers, Photographers, and Illustrators (© 2010 PIE BOOKS).
She uses a variety of media, including painting, pattern, drawing, plastic resin and collage in her illustrations. I love them– they are so dreamy, feminine and beautiful, and she uses a wide range of color in her work without it ever seeming like too much.

I love this idea of having these three characters just hanging out with their accessories. It looks like the three of them are getting ready to go out!


I love the way that she draws women, they all look like dolls that she has dressed up, but somehow they still have a unique dreamy personalities of their own. 


This reminds me so much of a project that I did awhile ago called "Taylor Street" which incorporated music, dandelions and vintage fashion, I love it!



To see more of her work, visit www.chinatsuhigashi.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment